From Concept to Design and Construction
Ashby Building Consultants Ltd provides architectural services that will turn your idea into a stimulating, but practical reality within your budget and with minimal fuss, providing a practical home that is personal, functional and attractive.
What We Do:
- Work closely with you to design and create plans for your project adding ideas you may not have considered which could save money in construction and/or future running costs;
- Action a program and reasonable budget incorporating any contingencies that may arise;
- Attend site meetings and co-ordinate planners, engineers, occupational therapists and a host of others;
- Prepare specifications and/or schedules of work;
- Find the right contractor and act as your agent to maintain high standards throughout the entire process;
- Manage project finances and ensure a retention against any non-diligence/defects.
- Exploratory research to highlight most hidden problems which could otherwise incur additional expense if not identified prior to construction.
Why Use Ashby Building Consultants Ltd?
There is a big difference between a spec built home and one designed by a consultant.
An individually designed home is designed and built to your needs and desires. A spec built home is just customised with a few finishes or cosmetic touches.
We work with you to understand your needs, program and budget to design a home that works for you. If you don’t have a program, we will help develop one. Your day to day schedules, activities, habits, everything is brought together to develop a program and a concept design.
While we design large homes, we also work on smaller plots with tight space constraints. We produce exciting, sustainable designs that are functional, innovative and good looking, despite any limited construction budgets.
With a remodel of an existing building, there are many potential surprises along the way. Some “problems” however, can turn out to be design assets in the hands of the right consultant.